In online dating, men can narrow down their women. More easily than choosing a pair of shoes, men can figure out the perfect fit for the perfect occasion. They can choose the astrological sign, the income bracket, the ethnic background, and even the attractiveness level.
Why surf the profiles of 100,000 women in your local metropolitan area if the search engine can pare it down to 50,000 women who fall into the age bracket of the woman you're supposed to meet? I mean, a 32 year old man would hate to waste time sifting out 36 year old women when he knows that 35 is the cap of his love. Technology is a godsend for streamlining love.
Well, then there is height. I'm a good-looking person. I'll even say beautiful. I am heavier than the Calista Flockhart and Julia Roberts. Nevertheless, I am beautiful and attractive. Yet, I am surprised how often men want fit, small women. They want fit, but they don't want strong. I'm a strong woman.
Just as it takes a man confident and comfortable in his masculinity to date a taller woman, it takes a woman confident and comfortable in her femininity to date a shorter man. I have no doubt that it's society that ingrains this. If a man truly wanted to create rockstar progeny, they'd all be flocking to the taller women.
The other end of it is that men (and people in general) who are attracted to me as a strong woman sometimes, well, need that strength. I want my strength to accentuate that of my man's, and vice versa.
Nevertheless, type in "date a taller woman" in quotes (finding exact
matches only), and Google pulls up about 20,000 pages on the subject.
This is something that is clearly troubling men, so let's get to it.
How to do it? So here's the set of directions:
1) Think outside the box. Remember that sexy is surprising. I'm 6'2, and I couldn't believe how sexy I found a boyfriend who stood 5'6. Remember that we're usually in it for a man who has confidence, finds us attractive (inside and out), and wants to engage in a healthy get-to-know-you with us.
2) Find your sexy dance. I'm reminded of John Cage in Ally McBeal who works his way up to be sexy for Portia DeRossi. Find your sexy dance, think of the time you feel the sexiest, and channel that whenever.
3) Don't let it be the elephant in the room. Rather, compliment her on her height. Remind her that you find all the bits and pieces (and lengths) of her sexy. Heck, even splurge and buy her a pair of heels if she's the kind who likes to dress up.
4) You might turn heads, but in a way that will make people smile and think is crazy.sexy.beautiful. I can't believe how many compliments we'd receive for being a beautiful, in love couple, although I know a lot of it was because we defied social norms and just stayed with the person we loved.
5) Realize this is the manliest you could ever look. I see it, guys. You find the woman who is smaller than you so you look like the manly one. Well, it could just be me (and my friends), but a truly manly man owns who he is and doesn't need to be the towering 5'6 man over a 5'1 woman to find peace. I know this is a little redundant, but I just can't stress it enough.
Well, good luck out there! Let me know how it goes or how you stand on the matter. :)